Oracle’s research among senior finance and IT executives shows that the information and processes for strategic planning at most companies could be improved.
The research also indicates that finance and IT executives disagree on how well their IT systems support strategic planning, and on the role IT executives should play in strategic planning. The lack of agreement between finance and IT executives could impede companies’ abilities to improve their strategic planning, and, ultimately, result in missed business opportunities.
- Executives call for better, easier-to-access information and more streamlined processes for strategic planning
- A perception gap between finance and IT executives may pose a barrier to improving strategic planning
- Mechanical dimensions of strategic planning processes fall short.
- The information available for strategic planning should be easier to use.
- Finance executives do not feel well supported by IT.
- Improving the strategic planning process—advice from senior finance executives