This white paper from Regus on Work:Life Balance is based on a global survey of more than 26,000 professionals in over 90 countries. The survey took place during January 2013.
The survey reveals that work:life balance index has somewhat decreased compared to last year (120 from 124). These are challenging times, for businesses as well as employees all around the world. Having the right people employed at the right place can make the difference between success and failure for a business; therefore it is important to find the right work:balance for their employees.
- The top four countries in the work:life balance index 2013 are Mexico, India, Brazil and China
- Generations X (born 1965 to 1980) and Y (born after 1980) are more likely to feel improvement in the work:life balance (123) compared to Baby Boomers (born 1945 to 1964) (117)
- Eighty-two percent of respondents in Asian countries say their companies need to do more to help them balance their work and life demands
- Business owners are more likely to enjoy work more (74%) compared with employees (66%), which deflates the myth of miserable workaholic owners
- Flexible working hours as well as a work-anywhere can improve the quality of life for workers (72%)