This EIU report examines the steps banks and insurers around the world are taking to reinforce their risk management capabilities against the backdrop of an improving economic environment.
Key findings include:
- Financial institutions’ appetite for risk is on the rise again.
- Managing complexity is now one of the biggest challenges in financial services.
- The risk function is finding it hard to increase its authority.
- There is much room for improvement in the relationship between the risk function and other parts of the business.
- Progress on revamping and strengthening risk management has slowed.
- Management boards at financial organisations are now paying a lot more attention to risk.