Just as CFOs are getting to grips with technology concepts such as software-as-a-service and cloud computing, new ideas keep coming at them. Two trends are particularly reshaping communications in the enterprise: web real time collaboration (WebRTC), which enables browser-based communications, and Over-the-Top (OTT) applications, with Skype, Google Hangouts and WhatsApp among the most prominent examples.
In this white paper, industry researcher Frost & Sullivan examines the near future of unified communications and collaboration (UCC) solutions, which are currently limited in their ability to support mobile and collaboration centric environments. This is rapidly changing, however, as the advent of mobile devices and of cloud based service providers permanently change the way employees work and collaborate.
"This 'consumerization' of technology also offers benefits such as usage or subscription based pricing models and greater reach and utilization within organizations," concludes Frost & Sullivan -- a trend that has implications on financial management and the work of the CFO.
- United Communications as a Service: From Trend to Reality
- OTT and WebRTC Shaping the Future of Enterprise Communications
- Federation of UC: An Enabler of Advanced Enterprise Communications Solutions
- Key Business Benefits of United Communications as a Service
- Use Cases and Global Adoption Trends
- Key Uptake Trends by Industry Vertical
- What to Look For when Selecting Cloud Service Providers