This ACCA report looks at the implications that technology has for finance operations, typically those provided through shared services and outsourcing models, and considers whether the finance organisation is tapping into the full range of available technology solutions to improve performance and create and sustain value for the business.
- Is finance technology positioned to deliver the finance value agenda?
- Is finance showing sufficient leadership in the technology agenda?
- Will technology ever move the business to self-service, or 'lights-out' finance?
- What value, if any, will application of the SMAC pack create for finance?
- Will broader adoption of automation technology impact today's finance delivery models?
- What's the role of the finance professional in technology?
- What other challenges does finance face in reaching tech nirvana?
- Conclusion: What's the upshot for finance?