Like CFOs, financial controllers are assuming higher levels of responsibility within their organization. In fact, 31% of the FCs surveyed in this global study sponsored by NetSuite say their role encompasses the responsibilities of a chief financial officer.
IMA, the association of accountants and financial professionals in business, surveyed more than 6,500 financial controllers across the world and found that their role is being transformed from the delivery of data and results to the interpretation of information and contributor to decision-making activities. However, many others in the organization have yet to understand the potential contribution they can make.
- Organizational Value and the Finance Function
- The Changing Role of the Senior Financial Professional
- The Changing Role of the Controller
- Interactions Between Controllers and Other Parts of the Organization
- The Controller as Informationa Provider
- Increased Information/Access Challenges