This report from EY looks at the development of the CFO role. The findings are based on a global survey and in-depth interviews.
Digitization, data, stakeholder scrutiny and risk volatility are changing the role of the game for finance leaders. The impact of these disruptions is seen in how difficult it has become to pin down the accepted role of the CFO.
With an evolving business environment, CFOs need to adapt to new strategies and adjust to a continued volatile economic world. Successful CFOs will be those who proactively shape their role in response to the major forces transforming the new corporate settings.
- Executive summary
- The four forces disruption finance leadership
- Force 1: Digital
- Force 2: Data
- Force 3: Risk and uncertainty
- Force 4: Stakeholder scrutiny and regulation
- The many profiles of today's finance leaders
- Embracing disruption: a CFO leadership development plan
- Personal competencies: driving your own agenda
- Strategic considersations: shape your role to support your organization's strategy
- External forces: helping your organization adapt to a business environment in motion
- Conclusion: mastering the future
- Other publications of interest
- Survey demographics