This is the inaugural report from MasterCard on Womens entrepreneurial outlook in Asia Pacific. The findings are based on in-house research and external sources.
The findings clearly show that womens entrepreneurship is progressing at different rates and ways across the 16 Asia Pacific markets.
Women entrepreneurship in New Zealand (ranked no. 1), Australia (ranked no. 2), Singapore (ranked no. 5) and Taiwan (ranked no. 6) are largely driven by strong enabling conditions such as availability of advanced knowledge and access to financial services.
In Thailand (ranked no. 3) and the Philippines (ranked no. 4), the progress is more driven by factors such as business leadership and politician representation.
- Overview of key findings
- Expectations of women's progress as entrepreneurs
- Supporting conditions vital in driving women's entrepreneurial progress
- Necessity and opportunity entrepreneurs
- Country overview
- New Zealand and Australia
- Thailand, Philippines & Singapore
- Taiwan, Hong Kong & South Korea
- China, Indonesia & Vietnam
- Japan and Malaysia
- India, Sri Lanka & Bangladesh