This report from Concur analyzes how mobile phones offer travelling employees the ability to manage expenses closer to the point of spend, bypassing the credit card/receipt/spreadsheet/bank payment process through a suitable mobile phone-focused solution can optimise expense management.
Key findings include:
- Today’s tool of choice for the road warrior is the mobile phone
- Managing receipts on the move is error-prone and leads to expenses being misclaimed and/or claimed late
- Paper-based expense receipts are open to fraud
- Being able to run reports across a disparate mobile community has to be a higher priority
- “Point of expense” submission systems need to be a focus