The EIU’s report investigates the key risks business executives are facing in 2011, and the ways in which firms are addressing these risks.
- Firms see volatile exchange rates as the top risk for the year ahead.
- There is evidence of a “preparedness gap” in some areas of risk.
- Firms may be overconfident about their capacity to deal with risk.
- A significant minority of firms are increasing their appetite for risk.
- Perceptions of risk vary between industries and across regions.
- Longer-term shifts in risk management are underway despite resource constraints.