This ACL eBook explains how data analysis helps finance detect fraud in company operations and manage the entire fraud detection process. It focuses in particular on Purchasing or Procurement Cards (P-Cards) and Travel and Entertainment expenses (T&E), which are the most common sources of employee fraud.
By analyzing transactions and looking for a variety of indicators of fraud, data analysis can make up for control weaknesses and rapidly identify where fraud has occurred. Software for fraud detection can be implemented to support full automation, examine complex texts and detect sophisticated fraud schemes.
- Data analysis and fraud detection techniques
- Management of the fraud detection process
- Identifying employees’ fraudulent use of P-Cards and T&E expenses
- The future of fraud detection
- 11 steps for testing P-Card and T&E fraud