This report developed by Aon in close collaboration with The Wharton School presents new findings and analysis on the relationship between risk maturity, financial performance and risk governance.
Among others, the research confirms past analysis of a direct relationship between a higher Risk Maturity Rating and superior operational financial performance, and between a higher Risk Maturity Rating and relative resilience in stock price in the immediate aftermath of a significant risk event.
It also highlights new findings showing a direct relationship between risk-based forecasting and planning, and firm volatility and earnings predictability.
- Executive Summary
- Accentuating the Upside, Smoothing the Downside
- The Relationship between Risk Management and Stock Price Performance and Volatility
- Enhanced Risk Management and Superior Financial Performance
- Risk Management and Organizational Resiliency
- Driving Results: Board Roles and Responsibilities, Financial and Risk Management Practices
- Board Risk Oversight Practices and Improved Risk Management
- Risk-Based Forecasting and Planning (RBFP) and Organizational Volatility and Enhanced Earnings Forecast Accuracy
- Crossover between Aon Risk Maturity Index and Aon Global Risk Management Survey Responses