This report from ACCA
and Commonwealth Business Council
(CBC) provide a comprehensive investigation of women on boards and in senior management across the Commonwealth. Companies should push towards a more gender-diverse boards and senior management since research shows gender-diverse leadership outperform male-dominated counterparts.
It is still challenging to achieve diversity in boards and senior leadership in companies. Not only do women need to step forward, headhunters and boards must also consider female candidates.
Recommendations for board and senior leadership diversity
- Create a database of board-ready and board-potential women
- Support sponsoring initiatives and mentorship
- Build a research monitor across the Commonwealth
- Raise career aspirations
- Create media visibility to show the success of women in senior leadership roles
- Share best practice across the Commonwealth