This EIU report analyses American mid-market business metrics (pre-, mid- and post-recession), plans for growth (financing, global expansion, headcount), as well as executives’ outlook for the future, and what they view as potential obstacles to success.
- Revenues, cash flow, profits, and spending are all expected to rise.
- Productivity increases remain high.
- Headcounts at mid-market companies are rising.
- Mid-market firms are positioning themselves to grow and globalise.
- Financing options and access to capital are stabilizing.
- The strength of the economic recovery is uncertain.
- Systemic pressure is being caused by government debt.
- Government decisions and regulatory challenges cause concerns.