This report from Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA), powered by AICPA and CIMA, talks about the importance of the way companies are handling their decision making. The results are based on a global survey and in-depth interviews.
Strategic decision making is essential in today's volatile world, but that is also becoming harder. This report shows that companies are struggling to overcome bureaucracy and achieve agile decision making, build trust within the company, and struggle with turning big data into strategic insights.
To be able to strive and flourish companies must be able to adjust their decision making skills by creating trust from top level to frontline, accept change, cut the bureaucracy and to use the right tools to find the right data.
- The new business as usual
- Executive summary
- Introduction: Leading in a new era
- 1. Battling with bureaucracy: Can large still be lean?
- 2. Breakdowns in trust and collaboration are preventing integrated thinking
- 3. Shunning short-termism: Balancing short, medium and long-term objectives
- 4. Panning for gold: Translating data into insights in the era of information overload
- 5. Developing the decision-making capability of senior executives
- Conclusion: Principles ensure that Integrated Thinkers make better decisions in uncertain times
© 2016 Chartered Institute of Management Accountants. All rights reserved.