All planning and budgeting enterprise solutions must feature easy-to-manage access and security, configurable workflow, in-built reporting and analysis, and the ability to integrate with multiple data sources and other core processes such as sales and operations and workforce planning.
However, even with these features, you may still be unable to re-forecast as frequently as you would like. This Anaplan discussion paper suggests five key questions to ask potential vendors to make sure the planning and budgeting solution satisfies immediate requirements and also adapts to how you may wish to forecast and budget in the future.
- How is the data structured for Operational Big Data?
- How will it help us become more responsive and agile?
- Can it be owned and managed by Finance?
- Does it work on all mobile platforms today?
- What is it about your solution that brings quicker benefits and lower costs?