Based on a survey of over 700 Singapore listed companies in May to June 2013, this report from CPA Australia, KPMG and Singapore CFO Institute shows that online is the most preferred mode of communication among stakeholders. They also think that communications can be accelerated and that annual general meeting (AGM) notices could be timelier.
Stakeholders also increasingly see the CFO as the face of investor relations, which means the CFO must prepare to take on a more public role. The CFO’s externally focused role is to help external parties understand the direction that the company is heading.
- Online is the most preferred mode of communication
- Communications can be speeded up
- AGM notices could be timelier
- Communications can be clearer
- CFOs are also increasingly the face of investor relations
- Integrated reporting will become a way of life