The credit crisis has had a profound effect on national and international trade. Atradius' white paper examines the impact that this has had on the current and anticipated use of trade credit in sales transactions.
This white paper:
- Defines trade credit and examine its benefits and drawbacks.
- Looks at how the economic downturn of 2008/9 affected credit sales during that period.
- Examines attitudes towards credit and forecasts for its future use, from the viewpoint of businesses (selling and buying), trade associations and business consultants, credit insurers and banks.
- Establishes whether the economic downturn has altered the way and extent to which trade credit will be used in the future.
- Makes recommendations based on those findings with a view to ensuring that national and international trade can continue to thrive, whatever changes occur in the use of trade credit.