IDC’s report analyzes why operational risk management is a rising priority for companies in asset-intensive industry segments.
Disconnected efforts in safety, environmental compliance, and asset usage at individual facilities are converging to provide better enterprisewide control and management accountability to mitigate risks and create enduring competitive advantage.
- Evaluate the business case at a high level.
- Determine organization operational readiness
- Determine organizational risk management maturity and identify gaps
- Form a program office to manage overall investment
- Make asset visibility a priority
- Share best practices across the organization