The EIU examines what challenges companies face when operating in international markets, businesses can do to improve cross-border relationships with their clients and business partners.
- Contrary to the expectations of many experts, the current economic downturn is spurring companies into becoming more international.
- Effective cross-border communication and collaboration are becoming critical to the financial success of companies with international aspirations.
- Most companies understand the cost of not improving the cross-border communication skills of their employees, yet many are not doing enough to address the challenge.
- Organisations with international ambitions increasingly expect prospective employees to be fluent in key foreign languages.
- Misunderstandings rooted in cultural differences present the greatest obstacle to productive cross-border collaboration.