This report from SAP discusses the top priorities for finance organizations. It is evident that CFOs today are doing more for the company than just provide numbers and keep the finances in check. CFOs must be able to simulate, plan and budget for potential outcomes.
Technology can free up resources to focus on activities with greater business value. Follow these five steps to help the finance organizations successfully navigate this transformation:
- Strategy 1: Provide the insight decision makers need
- Strategy 2: Simplify operations for greater efficiency and effectiveness
- Strategy 3: Optimize working capital
- Strategy 4: Proactively address compliance and regulatory needs
- Strategy 5: Develop skills to support the new role for finance