This white paper from EPICOR
explains eight key elements to consider when implementing a new Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. EPICOR based their findings on the annual report from Panorama Consulting Solutions on the state of ERP worldwide. The report found that 54% of ERP implementations take longer than expected, and 56% exceed budgeted costs.
The key element to be able to stay on track and within budget while implementing a new ERP system is that you must have a complete understanding of the corporate business process. Focus on the essential business requirements and then find an ERP Software that best matches your needs.
Eight key elements for successful ERP implementation:
- Understand business processes and key requirements
- Build a business case for ERP with positive ROI
- Ensure proper project management and resource commitment
- Gain executive and organizational commitment
- Recognize the value of early planning
- Focus on data migration early in the implementation process
- Invest in training and change management
- Know why you are implementing ERP