The EIU reports that profitability in Asia’s PE sector has continued to grow, despite the global financial crisis. Rising private consumption in Asia has boosted demand for PE products and services, but whether it can replace demand in the West remains to be seen.
- Asia’s role as a manufacturing powerhouse has led to a rising demand for PE products.
- Over the past decade, Asia’s emergence as a manufacturing powerhouse has led to a boom in demand for PE products.
- The PE industry is evolving rapidly, as low-cost Asian producers and high-technology Western firms seek to acquire each other’s competitive advantages.
- The number and size of players in Asia’s PE sector is growing.
- Competition has increased only marginally, with the industry’s biggest players continuing to expand their positions.