This EIU report seeks to examine the potential business opportunities, and risks, involved in adapting to anticipated changes in the global climate, and examines new emerging markets for goods and services as businesses seek to adapt to the realities of an uncertain climate.
- Although most businesses are aware of the need to respond to climate change, few are yet actively adjusting.
- Around nine in every ten firms have suffered climate impacts in the past three years.
- While risks abound, executives see greater opportunity.
- Much work is already underway in terms of developing relevant new products and services.
- Emerging markets are viewed as the primary business growth opportunity, especially within Asia.
- Limited awareness about adaptation and a shortage of skills are the main obstacles hindering further development.